Let's Get Going
the good life awaits
You’ve probably heard companies offer “free estimates”, there was a time when we did too. However, the projects you see on this site and our social media channels (@SelectDecks) require a good amount of time and expertise to design and carry out. We do charge $75 for a formal proposal which includes a site visit, multiple design options, and a formal proposal broken down and spelled out clearly.
But, we also understand that some people just aren’t to the point yet of having us submit a formal proposal. For those homeowners we created this online consult form. When you fill this out and submit it one of our designers will contact you and basically answer any questions you have, provide some info., and see if we are a good fit for what you have in mind. This saves both you and us valuable time.
If we are a good match then we can transition into the proposal stage of our process. Just find a convenient time for you on the calendar to the right and set aside 30-45 minutes of your time and we’ll be in touch.
Phone consult questions
1. What's the purpose of this call?
The point is to get as much information as possible from you about your project to see if an on-site visit is needed. We might not be a good match, and that’s ok. Sometimes things like budget, scope, and schedule aren’t a good fit. But at least we saved you a bunch of time by having us out.
2. How long will it take?
As fast as 5 minutes up to 45 minutes.
3. What happens after the call?
If we’re a good fit then we’ll schedule an on-site visit to take pictures, measurements, go over designs, and touch on budget items.
4. Questions to be prepared to answer.
- What is your current outdoor area like?
- What kind of project do you have in mind?
- Who will use the deck/porch/patio when complete?
- Do you entertain?
- Will the deck be high or low to the ground?
- What does the exterior of your house look like?
- What is your time frame like?
5. Items to consider
- What is your budget? Everyone has one.
- Payment method – check/credit card/financing
- Do you want/need stairs?
- Any specific materials in mind?
- Do you have a schedule in mind?
- Have you thought about an outdoor kitchen, grill area, lighting, or other amenities?
- What is most important to you?
- The Price
- The Look
- The Maintenance
- The Schedule